About Our Tutors
- ActiveMinds' tutors are professional and qualified.
- We conduct an extensive interview and require state teaching credentials and/or tutoring experience.
- We check all references and verify employment.
- Many of our tutors are actively teaching in a school system or are substitute teachers.
The Complimentary Consultation
- Conducted in your home, our Newton office or by phone.
- Thorough assessment of their academic requirements, special needs, learning style, personality, and interests.
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses.
- Discuss your goals for the tutoring sessions and determine the best approach.
Public and Private Education
- We tutor all grades, pre-kindergarten through high school.
- We work closely with all of the public schools in the following Districts:
- We also tutor students who attend private schools, some of which include:
- Belmont Hill
- Boston College High
- Brimmer and May
- Dana Hall
- Dexter Southfield
- Gann Academy
- Newton Country Day
Does Your Student Have Special Needs?
- Many of our tutors are "special needs" certified and understand the requirements of a special needs child.
- We work with Individual Education Plans and can help your child excel and feel positive about themselves and their progress at school.
Home Schooling Assistance
- Home schooling is becoming more popular and prevalent. Our tutors will assist a parent with all subjects within a home school curriculum.
- If you are interested in moving your child from a public or private school to a home school environment, we can steer you down the right path and tell you what you need to do to get your child enrolled in a home school program.We also tutor students who attend private schools or alternative education schools in our area.
- Lets children explore and develop skills in areas they find interesting such as art, foreign language, writing poems and more.
- Provides enrichment and accelerated learning opportunities
- Allows students to catch up and get ahead before the start of the new school year
- Reinforces skills especially for children with learning disabilities
- Prepares students with the strategies, skills, and confidence to take upcoming standardized tests
- Supports summer school to help ensure positive results
- Rebuilds self-esteem
- Establishes and strengthens proper study and organizational skills